The International Sport Lawyers Association (ISLA) is the only organization/association of sports lawyers worldwide. After years of core activities within Europe, ISLA has continuously expanded its scope to become a truly international organization.
Sports law affects all traditional fields of law – ISLA’s lawyers operate right at the interface with amateur and professional sports. They work for athletes, sports associations and commercial enterprises, and they specialize in a wide variety of legal fields:
- National and international legal principles underlying sport
- Law of clubs/associations
- Law of clubs/associations and statutory law of sports organizations
- Particularities of corporate law, anti-trust law and tax law
- Legal relations between athletes and associations
- Employment and labor law in sport
- Liability law and insurance law in sport
- Sponsorship and commercialization relating to sport
- Doping and sanctions in sport
- Criminal law in sport
- Sports and the media
- National and international sports jurisdiction and arbitration
ISLA has built up a close network of specialists who share and continuously update their expertise, thus creating synergies on a national and international level.
Close international cooperation is imperative, since in our day and time, sport has become a universal, world-embracing network. This internationality and the resulting legal issues call for continuous research in order to keep abreast of new developments.
ISLA lawyers offer their legal expertise in even the most specialized aspects of sports law with utmost commitment and professionalism. This is why they represent such a wide variety of interest groups.
Due to the different legal systems, ISLA’s lawyers are in close contact with their colleagues in the respective country of litigation to ensure an optimum representation of their case.
ISLA’s goals and its comprehensive range of services are as follows.
ISLA, Bellerivestr. 201, CH-8034 Zürich
Phone (++41) 44 386 60 85, Fax (++41) 44 386 61 85